Adpost Pets Policies
- Adpost Pets is an online platform that helps the community post ads pertaining to pet adoption, services, and other legitimate sales. All ads posted in the Adpost Pets must comply with applicable local and international laws as stated, but not limited to, relevant legislation.
Policies for ALL posters:
- All posts must provide a valid licence issued by the AVS in the body of the ad.
- Pets put up for adoption under Adpost Pets Adoption section must be vaccinated and vet-checked. Where required by law it is also the responsibility of the seller to make micro-chipping arrangements for the dog or cat being advertised on Adpost Pets.
- Pets can only be advertised following our rules below. All ads should state age/date of birth - please use the 'availability' attribute while posting your ad and tell us the date of when the animal will be ready to leave for its new home. The animals have to be of a certain age before they are adoptable.
- Dogs: should be at least 8 weeks old
- Cats: should be at least 8 weeks old
- Rabbits: should be at least 6 weeks old
- Guinea Pigs: should be at least 4 weeks old
- Rodents: should be at least 4 weeks old
- Birds: should have all of their feathers and be feeding self-sufficiently.
- No holding deposits allowed
- Many wildlife species are protected under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES). Trade in wildlife and their parts and products is prohibited without proper CITES permits and certificates from the relevant CITES authorities, including the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVS) of Singapore. CITES permits must be obtained prior to transportation or shipping of the CITES specimens.
- It is not allowed to sell, offer or advertise wildlife protected by CITES and their parts and products which were imported without CITES permits, on Adpost. Except for the Green Tree Frog (an amphibian species), the Red Eared slider and the Asian Box Turtle (reptilian species), it is also not allowed to offer any reptiles, amphibians, primates and many other animals.
- Do not purchase or keep wildlife as pets as most of which are prohibited or strictly regulated under CITES and national laws. Always exercise due diligence to check with AVS and relevant authorities when in doubt.
- It is also an offence to use any premises to keep or display, whether for sale by retail or wholesale or for export, any animal or bird intended for use as pets without a pet shop licence issued by the AVS. Please visit the Petssection of AVS website for more information on Licencing of Pet Shops and CITES.
Adherence to Adpost Pets Code of Practice
Failure to comply with the Code of Practice stated by Adpost Pets will result in the removal of the infringing ad and may result to user restrictions and penalty.
Adpost Pets DOES NOT intend to facilitate unlicenced breeding, irresponsible commercial pet and animals trading, trade of dogs and/or other animals for the purposes of fighting or stud services. Any ads suspected to fall under this kind of activity will be removed without notice.
Users and posters are responsible for adhering to the applicable conditions related to posting or listing ads on Adpost Pets, buying, selling, or adopting.
Adpost Pets encourages, where possible, the adoption of pets and would encourage all pet owners to have their animals sterilized and micro-chipped.
Breeding activities at pet farms must be licenced by the AVS in Singapore. Adpost Pets emphasizes the importance of reading our Code of Practice in relation to responsible pet ownership and other policies to identify and report non-compliant pet owners to AVS and Adpost Pets.